Who doesn’t love the cool information featuring weird did you know fun facts about the human body? For instance, the human eye is so sensitive that if the Earth were flat, you could spot a candle flickering at night from up to 30 miles away.
To illustrate a few of these little know medical facts, UK-based design studio Pâté has created a collection of striking graphic posters. Why you might ask? All of these posters serve as advertising prints for Discovery Channel Medical Center. Scroll down to view the posters from the series, or check out their portfolio here.
More medical fun facts:
- Did you know that our muscles are actually more powerful than they appear to be. Human strength is limited to protect our tendons and muscles from harming themselves. And this limitation can be removed during an adrenaline rush; during which some people have lifted boulders or even cars off themselves.
- Inside your belly button are thousands of bacteria that form an ecosystem the size of an entire rainforest.
- There are approximately 96,000 km of blood vessels in the human body.
- More germs are transferred shaking hands than kissing.
- When you were born, you had 300 bones. Now (assuming you’re an adult) you have 206. The rest of the bones haven’t disappeared, they’ve merely fused together.
How many of these medical fun facts do you already know? Share some fun facts that you know in the comments below or on social media.