Food and fashion blogger Caitlin has created an ingenious recipe to enjoy the classic dish in a different way–by turning the pasta into crispy patties to hold meatballs. Now you can now have your spaghetti as a sandwich!
To prepare the pasta patties, combine the cooked spaghetti with whisked egg mixture, place it in the Patty Caddy, and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes. Fry the pasta patty until golden brown and crispy on the outside, let the patties cool and fill them with meatballs and marinara sauce.
- 3 cups of water, boiled
- 1 cup spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- marinara sauce, to taste
- 4-6 meatballs, halved
- extra virgin olive oil
- In large pot, bring water to boil.
- Add in spaghetti & cook until soft.
- Drain pasta & set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until no visible yolk strands.
- Once pasta has completely cooled, pour into egg mixture & combine until pasta is completely covered with egg.
- Place half the pasta in bottom of Patty Caddy & place divider over. Place remaining pasta on top, press down with handle, & close. Refrigerate filled Patty Caddy for 15-20 minutes.
- In large skillet, pour in oil until bottom of pan is covered.
- Place one patty onto the skillet & cook until bottom is golden brown. Flip patty over & cook until the other side is golden brown. Repeat with other patty.
- Let patties cool & then fill with meatballs & marinara sauce.
For more recipes, visit the blog here.