People are always looking at their phones — there’s no getting around it. So it’s no wonder why content marketers have turned to SMS marketing to take their content to the next level — whether it’s via location-based services or text-based reminders.
In this post, we’ll go over the definition of SMS marketing, the benefits of text message marketing, and how to increase conversions with these strategies.
What Is SMS Marketing?
SMS marketing is the act of sending marketing content through text messages. By using text message marketing, businesses can send their marketing materials straight to the palm of their prospects’ hands.
The Benefits of SMS Marketing
Not only does SMS marketing deliver your content directly to a device that your customers check often, but it also has many other benefits as well.
The benefits of text message content marketing are:
- Scalable and affordable: With SMS marketing, you can send many texts without breaking the bank.
- Engaging: It lets you share all different types of content — from videos to social media posts and custom links.
- High KPI: A huge benefit of text message marketing is the high Key Performance Indicator of sending content straight to your clients’ phones. With SMS marketing, open rates are as high as 98 percent.
How To Increase Conversions
Although text message marketing has high open rates, converting prospects into repeat customers is another story altogether. You can’t just send a text into the ether and hope it converts — you need to put in some extra effort to cross the finish line. Some ways to increase conversions include:
- Making your content personal: By including individual details for your customer like their name and custom recommendations based on previous purchases is a great way to get people coming back for more.
- Using omnichannel messaging: By keeping your communication consistent across multiple channels — whether it’s text, email, or live chat — you can increase your conversion rate.
- Including rich visuals: Custom images and graphics are striking for your audience. Make your content engaging by using graphics.
Now that you know the ins and outs of SMS content marketing, you can put these tips to good use and give your customers personalized experiences through text.