Enjoy a spaghetti and meatball burger for lunch
Spaghetti and meatballs happens to be a favourite dish for many, including food and fashion blogger Caitlin Lee of Public Lives Secret Recipes. Unfortunately, eating it can get a bit messy at times.
Well, thanks to Caitlin’s ingenious recipe, you can enjoy this classic dish in a unique way: by turning it into a burger.
Instead of eating your meatball sandwich like a sub, why not enjoy it like a burger? In order to prepare the pasta patties, combine cooked spaghetti with whisked egg mixture, place it in a patty caddy, and refrigerate it for 15-20 minutes. Then, all you have to do is fry the pasta patty until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Finally, let the patties cool and fill them with meatballs and marinara sauce. Voila!
For all of the ingredients and exact more detailed instructions, scroll down.
How to make the spaghetti and meatballs burger
- 3 cups of water, boiled
- 1 cup spaghetti
- 2 eggs
- marinara sauce, to taste
- 4-6 meatballs, halved
- extra virgin olive oil
- In large pot, bring water to boil.
- Add in spaghetti & cook until soft.
- Drain pasta & set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk eggs until no visible yolk strands.
- Once pasta has completely cooled, pour into egg mixture & combine until pasta is completely covered with egg.
- Place half the pasta in bottom of Patty Caddy & place divider over. Place remaining pasta on top, press down with handle, & close. Refrigerate filled Patty Caddy for 15-20 minutes.
- In large skillet, pour in oil until bottom of pan is covered.
- Place one patty onto the skillet & cook until bottom is golden brown. Flip patty over & cook until the other side is golden brown. Repeat with other patty.
- Let patties cool & then fill with meatballs & marinara sauce.