If you want a change from all the cookie and milk shots that you down during the holiday season, here’s a quick and simple booze-filled recipe that you can try.
Food blogger Cheri Alberts from The Watering Mouth shows how she made these indulgent Toasted Marshmallow Shot Glasses. You can easily create them at home and impress your dinner guests. All that you’ll need is a pack of regular-sized marshmallows, two forks, your preferred booze, and an electric burner or a gas stove.
Toasted Marshmallow Shot Glasses
The trick when creating this recipe is to use the forks to burn and toast the base and sides of your marshmallows. This will cause its interior to implode naturally. Take a look at how Alberts created her shot glasses in the video below.
- 4 marshmallows, regular size
- 2 ounces any flavor liqueur
- 2 forks
- electric burner (or gas fireplace/burner)
- Turn on your electric burner to red-hot high.
- Stick a fork in a marshmallow, being careful not to pierce the bottom.
- Hold the marshmallow side 2-3 inches over the burner. When it begins to smoke and brown, turn it again. Brown all sides of the marshmallow evenly, excluding the top where the fork is. Use the second fork to hold the marshmallow on while browning the bottom.
- Slide the marshmallow off the fork onto a plate and allow to cool completely. The inside will implode naturally.
- Pour liqueur into the cooled marshmallow and shoot immediately. If you wait too long, it will soak through the marshmallow.
- Eat the marshmallow.
Now that you’ve tried this recipe, try your had at peppermint shot glasses.