Does everything taste better with bacon? If you’re a meat lover who also happens to enjoy sushi, then you might want to take a look at this video. Created by food website COOK WITH ME.AT, it shows viewers how to make awesome-sounding BBQ Bacon Sushi.
And as its name would suggest, it involves bacon served up in the form of the beloved Japanese dish. However, this meal will actually be barbecued and not eaten raw.
Using bacon in place of seaweed as the wrap, this modified sushi roll is filled with minced meat instead of rice and a slab of cheese at its centre. If that has your mouth watering already, watch the video below to find out how you can make this in your own kitchen.
BBQ bacon sushi (aka Moink Rolls)
- 12 Slices of Bacon
- 500g Minced beef
- BBQ Rub
- 2 Sticks of Emmental-type cheese
- BBQ sauce
- Pickled jalapeños
- Roasted onions
- Crumbled nachos
Preparing your BBQ bacon sushi:
- Put 6 bacon slices on a sushi rolling mat, season the minced beef with your favourite BBQ rub and apply a thin layer of meat on the bacon.
- Place a cheese stick on the meat, roll it up tightly and prepare your Barbecue for indirect heat. Put the Moink-Rolls on an indirect zone of the grill, close the lid and cook for about 35 minutes at 180°C / 356°F.
- Glaze the Moink-Rolls after 25 minutes with a BBQ sauce of your choice and cook for another 10 minutes. Glaze again after 5 minutes.
- Coat the ready cooked Moink-Rolls with crumbled nachos and/or roasted onions and portion as desired.
- Finally, serve the Bacon Sushi with extra BBQ sauce and pickled jalapeños.