If you’re a designer who relies on Photoshop as part of your day-to-day work, chances are that you’ve picked up some useful tips and tricks from Photoshop tutorials. And while online lessons are sure to improve your skills, it’s also useful to know what to avoid when using Photoshop.
That’s where this useful video from the YouTube channel tutvid comes in. His new video on “10 Things You Must Avoid Doing In Photoshop CC’”, lists 10 of the most common mistakes that crop up in Photoshop projects. Instead of highlighting basic mistakes you’re probably familiar with, this video concentrates on more technical issues. These issues include bevel and embossed text, selective colour techniques, and non-destructive healing.
Unlike a lot of YouTube tutorials, this one is easy to watch thanks to its good production values and a host who clearly knows what he’s talking about. All of this makes an entertaining and informative lesson that’s bound to take your Photoshop projects more productive.
Photoshop mistake video timeline
- Bevel and Emboss (1:27)
- Selective Color (4:39)
- Over-Whitening Teeth (6:23)
- Exporting any Code for Web Design (8:48)
- Too much HDR/Unsharp Mask/High Pass/Clarity (10:14)
- Retouching Directly on a Layer (13:22)
- Applying Adjustments to a Layer (15:50)
- Applying Filters Directly to a Layer (17:25)
- Not using TypeKit (19:58)
- Bad Selection Edges for a Composite (22:10)
Daniel is an Art Director and Graphic Designer with over a decade of experience in advertising and marketing in the Greater Toronto Area.